Warner Bros. has just released a first trailer for the Ultimate Edition of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (we reviewed the cinematic cut here) via Collider. You can see the trailer below (there are some new scenes, so make sure to watch closely!).
According to Collider (and the trailer itself), The Ultimate Edition (with 30 minutes of previously unseen footage in an extended, R-rated cut of the film) will be available on Digital HD on June 28th together with the cinematic edition, and both will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, and Ultra HD Blu-ray on July 19th. There will be number of special features on the discs, including:
- – Uniting the World’s Finest
- – Gods and Men: A Meeting of Giants
- – The Warrior, The Myth, The Wonder
- – Accelerating Design: The New Batmobile
- – Superman: Complexity & Truth
- – Batman: Austerity & Rage
- – Wonder Woman: Grace & Power
- – Batcave: Legacy of the Lair
- – The Might and the Power of a Punch
- – The Empire of Luthor
- – Save the Bats
But let’s get back to the trailer and seek out all the new scenes. Here’s what we managed to notice:
- – First there’s a voice-over by a man of supposedly African descent. He says: “Men with power obey neither policy nor principle. No one is different. No one is neutral.” over a montage of well-known scenes. His words reflect one of the main points of the movie and further flesh out the titular conflict.
- – Then there’s Clark watching an interview with a Kahina Ziri (probably from Nairomi), who, asked by a journalist about what she would like to say to Superman, answers: “That my family too had dreams. To look him in his eye and as him how he decides which lives count and which ones do not.” This again serves as a reflection of one of the movie’s central themes.
Kahina’s answer is then played over a montage of a few old and a few new scenes: there’s some Nairomi footage and there’s Superman flying away from the capitol.
- – After that we get a little snippet of a missile flying towards the base in Nairomi.
- – Surprise, surprise: Bruce Wayne taking shower. Yep.
- – And another surprise: footage of Batman on Lexcorp security cam – it probably ties to his theft of kryptonite in the movie.
- – Now we hear: “There’s a new kinda mean in him and he’s angry, and he’s hunting” and we are shown a man talking to Clark. He’s talking about Batman, of course, so we’ll see more of that journalistic investigation that Clark was conducting.
- – A few familiar scenes and we’re back to Nairomi, where Anatoli Knyazev uses flame thrower and then smiles as Supes tries to stop a flying missile.
- – Next, we finally get to meet Jena Malone’s character. And, well, it seems she wasn’t cast as Barbara Gordon as reported by some media outlets, but rather as some Cat Grant type (or could it be Cat Grant herself?). We see her sarcastically smiling and speaking with Lois. She says: “This is what makes you such a good reporter: stuff like this still shocks you.”
- – Again: some familiar scenes and then there’s Alfred saying: “So falls the house of Waynes.” Why so pessimistic?
- – And the last previously unreleased footage is that of a woman talking with Clark and saying: “Man like that words don’t stop. You know stops him? Fist.” I wonder if she talks about Superman and Batman.
And that would be it: all the new footage we noticed. If you noticed something else, want to share your thoughts or your enthusiasm or all of the above, then feel free to leave a comment below or on our Facebook and Twitter.